View Single Post
Unread 02-24-2007, 08:15 AM   #8
UnaClocker
Cooling Savant

Default Re: Got my site back online

Sure is hard to identify a car without it's nose.. Noticed that at the junkyard recently. I'm used to being able to at a glance identify a car, if not down to the year, at least down to the half decade or so (or full decade in Ford's lazy case.. hahaha). That said, I can't tell if that car above is an RX7 or a Tiburon.. I'd imagine RX7 since they're a bit trendier.. heh, I had to put a whole new engine bay harness into a '94 RX7 at my last job. Hated it, don't ever want to do that again.. haha.. Damn thing drove into my shop, got a new deck, and would never start again.. Couple weeks later, after finally hooking the scope to the thing and finding an ECM that would actually get the thing to start (it came in with an Apexi computer that wasn't very fault tolerant), we found that the ECM wasn't getting one of the crank triggers. Couple more days of testing tracked it down to where the signal passed through the firewall. At that point the owner had realized nobody in town would touch his car, and we had proven we hadn't broken it, but had the skill to fix it (we were a CAR STEREO SHOP...), so he went ahead and ordered a new harness for us to install. We managed to do it, swapped out that whole harness, had to take apart his intake and crap to do it. Was a very beautiful car though, nice dark green color.
Funny thing is, I work directly for Mazda now.. hehe..
UnaClocker is offline   Reply With Quote