View Single Post
Unread 03-18-2005, 06:00 AM   #137
Marci
Cooling Savant

Cheers for the fan linkage folks... shall be getting those ordered somepoint today...

Yep, would be cheaper and certainly easier to increase the FPI rather than increasing core depth. You only have a limited amount by which you can increase the core depth before it has a knockon effect on the sidewalls and tanks, ie: you'd have to increase those as well.

At the moment as it stands, including the shroud as shown in the pix, costs would leave it retailing at the same price as the current ThermoChill HE120.2 - Any more expensive and I doubt the product would sell - it'll be hard enough to shift it to the US market due to Exchange Rate as it is... so anything that would increase it's current cost would probably be a bad move... As it goes, I think as long as quantities were maintained between the 14fpi model and higher FPI model then costs wouldn't be THAT much different. At the moment there is clearly a hole in the market for a rad that performs in silence... the hole for screamers is already filled by current offerings. I guess what I'm saying is, I personally have to be careful not to make the original ThermoChill HE120.x series rads redundant... or I have to make the choice to discontinue the current HE120.x series and replace it entirely with an optimised PA160.1 series where area is constant and only FPI changes... HOWEVER, I don't think the market could accomodate us only producing 160mm rads purely due to the size and space requirements.... that would be shooting ourselves in the foot...

If we were positioned elsewhere so that economics were on our side to make it easier to sell to an international market, then perhaps we could start a revolution of moving folks over to 160mm rads, but with the limitation of only being able to realistically sell inside of Europe....

At the moment these would be aimed at a specific sector of the market - those wanting silence. Those who aren't bothered about the noise will likely just choose any other rad on the market for size-based convenience (? opinions ?) and cost-based convenience (go compare price of a HE120.2 vs a BIXII from DangerDen...)

The scales of balance are bouncing from side to side at the mo...
Marci is offline   Reply With Quote