View Single Post
Unread 12-02-2004, 01:10 PM   #133
Althornin
Cooling Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by dacooltech

We're talking about the rev 2 of the pump, not rev 1. Bearing issue that you're talking about is related to the MCP600 rev.1.

AQX-50Z is rev. 2 , no bearing issues here.
ok, you are wrong here.
My statement was in response to your statement about the "thousands of dollars":
Quote:
I have no idea whatsoever what exact problem Bill is talking about and where / how Swiftech spent thousands of $s ???
That was spent on the rev 1 pump head/bearing issue, EXACTLY as i said, and as Bill says:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill
$s spent ? Gabe and I calculated our expenses after the pump head business and they were over 5K (many weeks of my and Gabe's time on the phone dealing with unhappy customers, cross-shipping costs, etc.)
ok?

Quote:
ofcourse reliability has a great meaning and we don't have any reliability issues with our pumps. FYI manufacturer warrants the pump for 1yr. I mentioned our 2 yrs warranty to highlight our trust in the product. Like I said, if people have any problems or concerns with a product, you read it in the forums.
Let me clarify one thing, D4 is not a poor performer, and it's a good pump. It's just a tad bit noisy to my ears. Regardless of manufacturer's MTBF claim, if I'm not mistaking Swiftech also offers 2 yrs warranty on the D4.
So?
2 year warranty != 50,000 hour MTBF.
No one is trashing your pumps! They are only saying they are NOT AS RELIABLE AS THE LIANG D4.
To argue otherwise is sheer stupidity on your part.

And one last thing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill
the failures are perplexing; most are dead while others (~50%) develop an intermittent run/erratic start problem
So then you say:
Quote:
and yet you're saying you don't describe the pump as a failure ?
No, he is not! Hello? For the reading impaired, Bill is saying that 50% OF THE FAILED PUMPS exibit this issue (erratic start/stop), not 50% of all the pumps swiftech sold. So no, I don't see this as Bill describing the pump as a failure.
How do you?

Stop projecting so much, jeez...

Last edited by Althornin; 12-02-2004 at 01:15 PM.
Althornin is offline   Reply With Quote