View Single Post
Unread 04-28-2003, 12:51 PM   #17
airspirit
Been /.'d... have you?

As far as flushing the gunk out when dead, I was planning on opening the bottom water tower drain valve to 50%, running a garden hose into the top of the res, and leaving the pump on to purge the system of goo. I will be leaving my radiator bypass all the way open for a portion of this to maximise flow through the rest of the system (about 800 GPH with 100% bypass). I figure that after an hour of flushing like this I'll be 100% gunk free, or as close to it as I can be without complete removal and manual cleaning.

Those chemicals in the last post look interesting, though the high pH kind of scares me with some of the materials in my system. I'd be afraid of doing some damage to the seals in it. I've used some similar chems before and I've seen first hand the damage they can do on materials they weren't meant to clean. Very effective, but very scary (*OHMIGOD IT'S IN MY EYES!*).

I'm not worried about the garden hose method liming up my system, because I will be doing a dilute CLR flush afterwards, a distilled flush after that, and then reupping my res with distilled/hyperlube/*insert specific biocide here* when done.

With the amount invested in my beast, I can afford to work at this for 10 hours and be thorough.

Am I hearing that Pine Sol might kill this stuff, Bill? I'm pretty sure that it shouldn't hurt my seals at all ... now that I remember that my house's drainage pipes are glued PVC.

On a humorous note: is it possible I'm getting RED TIDE in my WATER COOLING SYSTEM? No clams for you!
#!/bin/sh {who;} {last;} {pause;} {grep;} {touch;} {unzip;} mount /dev/girl -t {wet;} {fsck;} {fsck;} {fsck;} {fsck;} echo yes yes yes {yes;} umount {/dev/girl;zip;} rm -rf {wet.spot;} {sleep;} finger: permission denied

Last edited by airspirit; 04-28-2003 at 12:59 PM.
airspirit is offline   Reply With Quote