View Single Post
Unread 05-31-2004, 05:48 PM   #16
Demonfire
Cooling Neophyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheXtremeDude
DemonFire,
Sounds good, I like to also throw a block on the north bridge while I'm about it. When I advised to be careful about cross threading, it's because the Danner is plastic while the barb I used was brass. I have read good reviews of the DD TBX. I have not used any Swiftech gpu blocks, but they make some good stuff so I don't see how you could go wrong. The order looks fine also.
My case is huge because I double stacked two cases on on top the other and bolted them together, containing and exhausting the heat from the bottom case.
I used the rad from a 72 chevy PU w/air and have 4 120mm fans on the rad in a push/pull. Being as all the innards are located in the adjoining room with only the top case control panel accessible through the wall, it is virtualy silent.

Last night I switched the blocks over to all Silverprop blocks...CPU...GPU...and North Bridge blocks. I also installed brand new clearflex tubing and inspected all components. It all looks fine after over 6 months of constant 24/7 use.
What coolant mixture do you use? Is your tubing white?

Also, I already have a silent blue orb on my NB, more than enough cooling. The 875p can handle high frequencies just fine.

How are the temp on those new blocks?
Demonfire is offline   Reply With Quote