View Single Post
Unread 07-17-2002, 03:47 PM   #18
JimS
Cooling Savant

I will say from experience that I have designed and built 4 copper waterblocks all very similar to ECUPirate's diagram above. There are only 4 channels in each block but the rest of the design is similar, all channels are of equal size.

I have compared my blocks to DD Maze 2, Maze 1 and the jagged edge block(forgot who makes it). Using the identical system and testing parameters, my block performed equally or better than all of the blocks above. I don't have a lot of fancy graphs and pictures to show because I did the testing mostly for my own curiousity. That being said, a different radiator or pump combined with each block may have yielded different results.

For this reason, I have always believed that having the inlet over the center of the block is generally a waste of time and effort. With the exception of the spirals, it almost always leads to a design with a lot of flow restriction. We all know that poor flow through the block is not a good thing.

IMHO the best block is a straight through, one pass design with maximum flow through the center of the block.
JimS is offline   Reply With Quote