Thread: how heavy?
View Single Post
Unread 12-26-2003, 08:52 AM   #3
Boli
Cooling Savant

It weighs a lot... When I had to move mine I had to drain it and then I needed help to carry it up/downstairs.

But it isn't just the weight - its the bulk. OK - go and pick your computer up now - even the most standard cases have some weight to them. Now go to the corner shop and get a litre of water... come back and pick them both up. Difficult isn't it. Now you have got to add the weght of the radiators in - and all the new fans. Like many other computer enthusiast you'll have a "box-o-bits" try and pick that up as well. And you'll feel precicely how most poeple do with large cases with a watercooling setup.

There are some good atempts at running SMALL watercooling setups that are easily taken to LANs - but the people with the large cases tend to get help moving the equipment, or fill 'er up when they get there.

You can build a huge watercooloing setup to your hearts content (this is what I have done). and for a first timer it is what I would recomend - especially if you are squemish about modding your case in the first place

So you really have TWO options for your watercooling setup, go small - or go large. Both options are viable but both require research. The YY cube is a nice case but will come under the "bulk" factor, same to with the LianLi and Cheiftec larger models. All of which would be perfect for a large watercoolling setup. But unless you mod their own "trolley" to them or go with a big enough group of you to help move all the stuff then you can pretty much count out a "LAN party campaign" with it.

I'm sorry if I haven't given you an exact figures I'm just giving my thoughts on the matter.

case = heavy

~ Boli
Boli is offline   Reply With Quote