View Single Post
Unread 02-11-2003, 08:10 PM   #12
BrianW
Cooling Savant

Airspirit, thank you for all your advice, as it is much appreciated. If you look at my last post, you will see a few changes I have made to the design.

To make sure you are looking at the same version I am on, look at these pics: http://www.thengc.net/images/waterco...-neg-press/v2/ .

I will be using 6 x 92mm fans rated @ 53cfm @ 30db. That gives me over 300 cfm through my two rads that I will be running in parallel. I had to go with 93 mm fans so I could stay at my height limit. I still believe these will give me adequate flow, as I am using more radiator space than I believe is required for the wattage I will be cooling (approx 120-150). Your thoughts?

As far as routing the tubing into the desktop case I have found high flow quick disconnects (ID smallest part is 3/8") and will be using those to maintain both systems seperately. I will take the top off the desktop case, disconnect the two water hoses and my electrical plug, and lift the desktop case off of the cooling box.

As far as a res goes, I do have one in those pics. It is the red box in the back corner.

Please elaborate on the splitting of flow? Do you mean to split flow before the coolant goes to any block? And then combine the flow again before it goes back to the reservoir? Would this not reduce the flow (and in direct proportion, the velocity) of the White Water Rapids block? Please elaborate on this point....

Again, I thank you Airspirit for taking the time to give your advice. Please continue doing so.

Brian W

Update: Just did some side work for a glass and mirror company, and they said they could build my the cooling box out of Glass. That would be trick....

Flow: Res, Pump, CPU watervlock, Y into both rads, both rads into res independently.

Athlon XP 1800+ (@ 1731 - 150mhz fsb.), on a Asus A7N266-c, and a Radeon 9000 *waiting for RMA'd Saphire 9800 ultra from Newegg)

Last edited by BrianW; 02-11-2003 at 08:17 PM.
BrianW is offline   Reply With Quote