View Single Post
Unread 08-05-2002, 09:15 PM   #79
bigben2k
Responsible for 2%
of all the posts here.

Just to confuse everybody... here's a re-post of a block design I posted in another thread.

Ok, here's my design.

The first one is to be capped with a clear acrylic piece. It is a single channel straight through, with rows of square pyramids over the area of the core (actually they're offset, so that the water doesn't flow straight through between the rows).

An alternative would be to make a second top, where a center inlet would exit either side, but I'd like to see the channels shallower.

The second design is a 3/8 or 1/2 barb that fits inside a radial pattern of fins. The water exits the block through a 2 inch tube, which is attached to the 2 in barb that's mounted on the block. Of course the small tube is inside the big tube, and the flow is seperated through a special res.

The center barb needs to let the water out, so it can't be screwed in all the way down: it's held in place by the fins. As for the large barb, well, I don't have one handy, I haven't even found one, but any way it can be mounted will do, even if it involves soldering a short ~2" copper pipe, and using clamps, whatever will hold the 2" tube.

The fin design is irrelevant actually...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bigbensblocks.jpg (16.6 KB, 351 views)

Last edited by bigben2k; 08-05-2002 at 09:19 PM.
bigben2k is offline   Reply With Quote