View Single Post
Unread 07-23-2004, 05:00 AM   #362
fivecheebs
Cooling Neophyte

I am astounded by the way this thread has evolved. I have been keeping a quiet eye on this thread since the beginning nad it has been a bumpy ride but to bash Pug the way that people have is truely astonishing.

I have, in the past, done business with Pug. He could never, IMO, be accused of being a salesman/spindoctor to improve his bottom line. In fact, its quite the oposite. He encouraged me to wait before placing an order with him to his detriment as it ment i spent less money. IME he has helped people make an informed decision about what kinds of system suit an individuals needs weather that be that he sells the product or not. As for the level of service he gives ..... words honestly dont go far enough to convey how good it is. No im not a Pug fanboy, i cant even say i really know him, I am just a nobody who feels that Pug has been treated unfairly and cant sit by and watch it.

FWIW (im sure not much to most of you lot) I have read the posts and inturpreted them in the same way that Pug has. I dont see Pug as a salesman/spindoctor twisiting and turning your words to his advantage, i see him as an enthusiast with a passion for something different to most of the users on this forum. Users who he has repeatedly seen bash the types of systems that he is passionate about. As this passionate enthusiast he is just defending what he believes in, this is what is being confused for sales speak.

As a novice watercooler (leaving the rad to one side for now) i regard typical US systems as 1/2" and sometimes 3/8" systems with powerful pumps and typical German systems as 6/8mm and 8/10mm with less powerful pumps. I would love to see this thread get back in line to test the above mentioned kits and, if at all possible, a DD kit and a 6/8mm european kit to see the pros and cons of all of them. I dont see why the rads cant just be identicle units for each loop (the BIX2 seems to suit both camps to my novice mind) and just change the tubing and pumps as required by each configuration.

/me retires to bomb proof bunker
fivecheebs is offline   Reply With Quote