View Single Post
Unread 08-17-2005, 10:06 PM   #134
starbuck3733t
Cooling Savant

Part I: Lighting placement and routing

Top white CCFL with Reservoir's UV inverter hidden up underneath the frame, and drain tube from res.

Bottom UV CCFLs, 2 of them. They're zip tied together, and then to the case frame. I discovered that with the way the doors attach to the case, that I can actually zip tie into the structure and not interfere with the mating surfaces.

Bottom UV CCFL inverter. I dare you to find the wire that goes back up to the top bay from the inverter!

Top white CCFL inverter tied to front of the frame, with the drain nestled beside it. Yes, the drain line is hanging out a bit, but it'll be pushed in by the side of the case when it is installed.

Rear UV CCFL inverter and a bit of the top white CCFL. The rear UV CCFL is sitting above the exhaust fan, you can just barely see the end sticking out above the exhaust fan.

Play spot the inverter. You can also see (more clearly this time) the top rear UV CCFL above the fan.

Part II: I'll shut up and let the pictures do the talking...
...with the occasional caption.

(and this is why I ran with the white barbs, they glow!)

(Looking down from the rear)

(Splitter)

(G5 in and out)
Goliath: 3.4E@3.91/Abit IC7, Maze4 (temporarily) + custom splitter to crazy 4-way watercooling parallel loop: X800XT @ 520/1280 + AC Twinplex, AC Twinplex Northbridge, Silenstar Dual HDD Cooler, Eheim1250, '85 econoline van HC + 2x120, 1x120 exhaust - polished aluminum frame panaflo L1As, 2x18GB 10K RPM U160 SCSI, 4GB PC4000.

I wanna be BladeRunner when I grow up!

Project Goliath - nearing completion.
starbuck3733t is offline   Reply With Quote