View Single Post
Unread 06-16-2004, 09:28 AM   #39
starbuck3733t
Cooling Savant

***CARRIER DETECTED***

I'm not dead! Neither is this project.

I've been on christmas vacation, if you could call it that. My GF and daughter have been very sick since the beginning of my christmas time off. Today has been given to me as a day off as GF/daughter have gone to GFs moms house since Starbuck has been playing Mr. Mom for the past week. So I get 2 days of my vacation back, yay me!

On Dec 29 2003, this lil present arrived for me from my faaavvorite store:

Mmmm MUSHKIN! 2x256 PC3200 black hi-pref level II (whatever that means) all I know is that it runs 200MHz at 2-2-2-5! That's some fast ram!

After installing the ram, and before I filled everything back up, I had to clean things out.

I have a bucket I installed a barb into, and I remove the return hose to the res and put it in the bucket. I T-fitting'd the inlet to pull from the res and the bucket, but in hindsight that wasn't really needed.

I ran an entire big bottle of pinesol and 1/2 a bottle of lysol through the loop for 3 hours. Most of the cloudyness on my tubing is gone, once again. Hopefully running the hyperlube supercoolant it will stay that way.

I refilled the loop and there were no leaks, so I fired the system up and to my surprise, the idle temp was at 31*C!! Load temps in prime95 still seem to be 41*C to 38*C or so, so it may just have been that the water wasn't up to idle temperature yet.

Also, the tinnnnny bubbles and foam that the hyperlube created take forever to dissipate. about 5 hours later they're about 1/2 way gone. I suspect they'll be all gone by morning.

The system is now running prime95 torture and 3dmark2001 looping for good measure. I bumped the FSB up another notch and so far the system has made it at lot longer at 23x159 than it has before. Maybe the ram was the ticket.

Crossing my fingers and hoping to be able to run 23x161 for 3.703 GHz... getting to an even 3.7 would just be so sweet. if the ram will let me go higher, that's good too.

That's all for now. I'm saving my $$$ for a radeon 9800 pro now, now that the ram is taken care of. I'll revisit the top mesh intergration when my patience level returns to normal.
Goliath: 3.4E@3.91/Abit IC7, Maze4 (temporarily) + custom splitter to crazy 4-way watercooling parallel loop: X800XT @ 520/1280 + AC Twinplex, AC Twinplex Northbridge, Silenstar Dual HDD Cooler, Eheim1250, '85 econoline van HC + 2x120, 1x120 exhaust - polished aluminum frame panaflo L1As, 2x18GB 10K RPM U160 SCSI, 4GB PC4000.

I wanna be BladeRunner when I grow up!

Project Goliath - nearing completion.
starbuck3733t is offline   Reply With Quote