View Single Post
Unread 01-30-2004, 05:42 PM   #11
Gooserider
Cooling Savant

Quote:
Stiffler:
But, what do you mean in putting valves on the top? wouldn't just opening the cap do the same thing?
Not really... As I understood your proposed design, the system would be sitting on top of the box, which would mean that there would be alot of plumbing above the top of the res. I see from some of your later posts that the cooling box would be next to the system, but the same thing still applies.

If you opened a drain at the bottom of the system (I presume the lowest point in the entire works) and undid the res cap, there would still be a considerable amount of liquid trapped above the bleed point. At best this trapped liquid would be slow to drain, at worst it could splash out when the air finally got to it and make a mess.

I was suggesting that you should have an air bleed valve at the very highest point in the setup which you would open ONLY when draining the system, and leave the cap on the res. This would give the fastest and most total drain possible, without making a mess. However it is an optional item, you could live without it.

Gooserider