View Single Post
Unread 05-02-2004, 02:14 PM   #12
Khledar
Cooling Savant

That's kinda what I was thinking (since the pumps are not self priming) - But if I set it up like that I don't see where the air would "get in" Like the top of the tubes is technically the higest point in the system as seen. So the water (in the pumps) cannot 'drain' into the sealed resevoir, as it would have to push water up. And if it tried to drain into the computer wouldn't it just suck water from the closed resevoir till...hmmm until what? Like what I'm thinking is since the pumps are between two closed bodies of water how is the air going to fill the pumps? Like the CPU loop won't get any air until the open resevoir is empty, and the pumps also wont get air unless the closed res is empty, and that water can't go nowhere. Shouldn't the levels in the two tanks equalize with a slight difference due to the increased pressure of the water at hieght in the pumps?

[Edit: Below]
Think of a siphon. If you have one big tanks and a smaller tank inside of the big one. You start a siphon fromt he full small on to the empty big one. What happens? The siphon should draw water from the small tank into the big tanks until the water level in the two are equal. If the end of the siphon tube are submerged does the siphon tube drain? I don't think so - but then I guess I should go try it :P That's kinda what I'm thinking I'd love for someone to prove me wrong BEFORE I start building though :P

P4 2.4B @3.01Ghz 167FSB :: Abit IC7 :: 2x256MB HyperX PC3700 :: ASUS 9600XT :: WD Raptor 2x36GB RAID0
Khledar is offline   Reply With Quote