View Single Post
Unread 07-26-2004, 12:41 PM   #35
#Rotor
Cooling Savant

It does indeed have that AM kinda look yes...

the styling of this particular model was done by one of Ferraris top designers from a couple of decades ago, so this little baby does have some pure blood in her, Even though I might have spilled most of it... ( Shame on me.)

I have 3 complete Rotary (13B) motors here, though none of them from RX7's .... they are mostly from the Mazda pickups, that had rotary motors in them......

Basically the same thing other than the absence of the six-port inlet advance that comes on the 2nd-gen rx7's motor. all these motors of mine run carbon Apex seals.

torque.... I dono, but I already twisted one Diff, running a fairly standard 13B, just with a nice open exhaust on it....these motors are pretty potent if considering how small and light they are....

As for fuel consumption, I always look as it, not as a 1300cc engine giving me 10M/Gal... but much rather as a 250Hp+ engine giving me better Mileages than what would any other similarly Aged and modded engine give me( for that HP), not to mention Reliability......

and Yes, the Rotary engine is in fact one of the most reliable engines on the planet. 2 of my motors now has more than 300000Km on them.... still pulling strong and not even a smoky on coldstars in the mornings...

only reason so many bad tales are being told of motors blowing up on people is mainly because of the fact that rotary engines won't tell you to go screw yourself....( commonly known as VALVE BOUNCE) if you ask it to rev to 14000 RPMs in each gear....it will do so, or it will die trying...

It will be a street car but being particularly nippy from the getgo.... I'll have to see how well I'll be with it in the 1/4mile....

Last edited by #Rotor; 07-26-2004 at 01:06 PM.
#Rotor is offline   Reply With Quote