View Single Post
Unread 10-07-2007, 01:55 PM   #9
madmaxx
Cooling Neophyte

Default Re: modding a mcp-650

i found a little bit of a mod thread @ XS but the pics are shoddy and it isnt very descriptive. its kind of what i was looking for. this thread tells of modding the impellar itself (i wont do this) and un-shrouding the outlet on the inside housing.

the thread i came across was much more detailed with better pics, more explanatory and best of all some real testing. it covered the un-shrouding part and also enlarging the inlet/outlet (not shure of which 1)

thnx for the link jaydee imma check it out now.-->nice find there ive got a 50mm x 50mm fan/hsf thats roughly the same size as the back of the pump, i could mount it directly to the rear motor housing? might not work for me as im kinda cramped for space as it is, might give those "breather" holes a go as they look more compatible with my setup.

my pump(s) are in direct flow of the air coming off of the H/C so i think if i drill some holes in the rear case panel where the pump(s) is/are it would allow the air to pass over the pump(s) and out the case instead of passing over the pump(s) and stagnating(sp?) in the corner of the case.

is it safe to assume that unshrouding the outlet (on the inside part of the housing) and slightly increasing the i/d size of the outlet itself while also increasing the i/d size of the inlet would net more performance? both flow and pressure?

Last edited by madmaxx; 10-07-2007 at 02:37 PM.
madmaxx is offline   Reply With Quote