View Single Post
Unread 06-04-2003, 12:49 AM   #15
ciscokid454
Cooling Savant

Quote:
Originally posted by mikildemion
Ok here I'm posting the results for Cisco since he's here:

With my pump an Eheim 1250 on his system and the kryo unit off and running Sandra burning the temps were 36C turning the kryo unit on the temps were 33C with burn in running. (idle temp is 30C).

With his pump on the system the idle temps are 33C in bios. Haven't done it with the burn in running but we already know that his pump causes the system to be higher.

Here's my theory: His pump moves the water too fast.

His theory: the pump is adding heat to the water.

Who do you think is closest to the correct answer? His pump is hotter than mine due to the size, but since they are both inline pumps, then the heat should be put into the air not the water. I would see the heat issue for a submergable pump.

Now here is something else. the water temps with the system powered off and the kryo on are 23 after the kryo cold block and 22 after the pump (before the kryo)

More to follow after some more testing.
just a quick post before I crash..
it was really wierd the last 30 minutes
something changed..i have no clue..because we didn't touch anything..
temps started staying stationary on the water with the kryo on..
I turned the fan to the rad off..and the temps started dropping..
if I remember correctly..under load the cpu was then running 31.5c, water was 77.7/77.9 I think..at last count..and it was going lower..
it's like with all the time we had it on..it finally started working properly and was able to remove the load on the system..but I still don't understand why the temp coming off of it is cooler than coming off the pump..
if you look at my pic/diagram...
the pump is coming off of the res, then hits the rad, before hitting the kryo..
now to me..that should pull a decent amount of heat off the water before it hits the kryo..
but it was like 1.5 degree's warmer..
and that's reverse of what I had seen previously..
ugh..it's late..my brains fried from this..
we totally blew both theory's out of the water...
er..pardon the pun...
i'm totally baffled by the changes he and I saw..
we rebled the system..so it's clean..
we used the sponge from my pump..which I had never used before..but had read that it fixes the bubbling effect that that rev 1 danger den res's make..
and we repositioned my rad..and placed the fan with shroud better than it was..
just using one fan now/still
but I actually had to power the fan off and the kryotech took off runninglowering the temp..
:shrug:
i'm confused
thoughts anecdotes?
flames??
anything..ugh..night