View Single Post
Unread 06-04-2003, 04:27 AM   #18
ciscokid454
Cooling Savant

ok..changing some things here..
trying to overclock due to the low temps..
I can post for settings save, but not repost between 9 and 10.5 between volts 1.7 and 2.2
however 11 works fine.????:shrug:
WTH!?!?
i'm currently running it 11x220@2.0v..
it's a little hotter than it was @ 8.5x240@1.7v with DCDDR.
and games/benchmarks crash to the desktop..err..
only certain ones..
I can play Enter the Matrix, JK2, and Quake3..it'll crash after a while..but it did that before I fixed the problems with the coolant loops..
but now..if I try to run UT2k3 or it's benchmark program...(using the one from hardocp.com or the ingame one)
or 3dmark 2k1/2k3...it'll start up the game/bench..run for a couple seconds..then crash to the desktop...UT2k3 actually gives me a page fault error of something..it's ut's error display though..
also..during UT's benchmarking..if I leave winbond up..I can hear it beeping..meaning it's reading strange voltages...or something else..I don't have a second mon hooked up to the system currently...i'm really in no rush to fix this this week...
although I really want to..I have to much to do before the weekend and my move..
if needbe I can hook up a spare monitor to it..to see what winbond is going off about..
i'll also say this..even though i'm selecting 2.0v in bios..it's only displaying 1.95 via winbond and MBM5.
it's funny(god I need sleep) with the system running so cool with the 8.5x240 settings...the kryotech had finally gotten down to
-16c.
i'm running it idle right now..
temps are very strange..
water temp's slowly going back up..the kryo's having a hard time getting back to -16..it's @ -11, or was when I left it a couple minutes ago..
I tried turning the fan on my rad on..
it's sitting in the 5.25 drive bays, (rad/fan) pulling air into the rad, and into the system..
with the fan on..the system and cpu temps dropped..
but the water temps went out faster than they did without it on..
so, again, liike earlier..i'm totally baffled and confused, but running 2420 Mhz or 2.4Ghz..
it started booting windows @ 12x230..but flipped out..
I would love to run 10x240, but the system will not post @ that setting no matter what voltage I give it..
but then agian..i've always had problems with 9.0, 9.5, 10.0 and 10.5
5-8.5 and 11-13 have always worked fine for me..
so being the first of the morning, i'm about to crash..i'll let anyone who wants to, to give me some idea's...thoughts, opinions...or whatever..
and i'll see what I can do with it before saturday morning..
thanks agian...
i'll also ask one last question before I crash..
If I seal up the watercooled components with dielectric grease, and the other needed condensation fighters..what is/what would be, the safest lowest water temp I could boot the computer up at?
obviously with the kryo taking so long to lower the water temp..if I let it lower it below 55c, and the components are protected agianst condensation..it should work without a hitch..if I do it correctly, and take my time..
or is there a limit to the cold?