View Single Post
Unread 03-09-2005, 10:49 AM   #85
starbuck3733t
Cooling Savant

Begin Encrypted Message: Cebwrpg Ybt Flfgrz unf orra pbzcebzvfrq, unpxrq ol Evpuneq Chtu! Jbexfubc vagehfvba unf orra qrgrpgrq!

Me: What the HELL is going on here

My intrusion detection system caught this single, fascinating frame:

Original: De-noised:
Inverse Gausianned:
It appears that this scallywag broke into my house and was spying on my project!

Forensic examination of a SmartMedia card left behind at the scene yielded the following.

EXIF Comment: Strange box that arrived at the MRI - with Starbuck's name on it. I could feel the energy radiating from the box, calling me, begging me to open it. "You must open me, fear not!"

EXIF Comment: I looked closer, the box appeared to be from the magical land of plexi and laser cutting, but the box may hold a curse too.

EXIF Comment: The cursed box's powers were simply too strong, I had to open it!

EXIF Comment: The box began radiating a strange glow, followed by a low, rumbling, vibration. Startled, I dropped it.

EXIF Comment: I am terrified.. The box continues to rumble, and slowly unwrapped itself, revealing its cursed cargo... I am terrified, I must leave!

End forensic evidence. I was greeted by the box, looking harmless, spread open on my office floor when I arrived home one day. It appears that the spy felt the impending curse which I was blind to seeing at the time, and fled the scene. I was very excited to see my hardwork embodied in 1/4" and 1/8" thick plexi, so I began to test fit the pieces.

The baseplate tapped in place with modeller's masking tape.

Perfect fit, my dimensions were dead on. The sides, top, and bottom all line up perfectly

The outer plate for the new front bezel, wrapped lovingly in plastic, still with its own plastic cover sheet intact.

The top and bottom plates taped into place over the baseplate. The top plate will stay as-is and the bottom plate will be glued to the baseplate, and painted to match the rest of the case.

Flashless shot.

Close up, flashless shot. The spot for the CDRW tray will be filled with matching plastic, but the bottom part of the panel needs to be recut. The slot for the DVD-ROM and hole for the CDRW were placed too high by about 500e^-6 m. No big deal there.
Goliath: 3.4E@3.91/Abit IC7, Maze4 (temporarily) + custom splitter to crazy 4-way watercooling parallel loop: X800XT @ 520/1280 + AC Twinplex, AC Twinplex Northbridge, Silenstar Dual HDD Cooler, Eheim1250, '85 econoline van HC + 2x120, 1x120 exhaust - polished aluminum frame panaflo L1As, 2x18GB 10K RPM U160 SCSI, 4GB PC4000.

I wanna be BladeRunner when I grow up!

Project Goliath - nearing completion.

Last edited by starbuck3733t; 03-09-2005 at 11:36 AM.
starbuck3733t is offline   Reply With Quote