View Single Post
Unread 09-03-2002, 02:54 PM   #10
V12|V12
Cooling Savant

Quote:
Originally posted by bigben2k
I think you have all the info in front of you, you're just not seeing it.

The only way that your water would drop 7 degrees, is if your rad suddenly started running better, and that means that the fan is pushing more air through it, since you took the cover off.

Sounds to me like you have an airflow problem.

If you have 3 fans in your PSU (which one is it, btw), where one fan blows in (from the bottom) and the others blow out to the front and back, then I'd give some thought into reversing the front fan.

The PSU is a HEC 350W-LD... theres a 92mm on the bottom pulling air in from inside, then an 80mm exhausts it on the left side of the picture diagram, the other air that is flowout near the Res is just vents that came on the PSU, The 92mm is obviously too powerful for the 80mm to handle so that rest of the heat gets exhausted through them vents and unfortunately into the case again... I was thinking of blocking the vents, but I don't think that would be too good for the PSU?....

About the Air flow prob... With the OLD-SETUP I had the case panels on and the fan Blowing in air through a 120mm hole in the front of the case into the rad and case... then I switched it so that the Fan was pulling air through the Rad which help alot, but the pump was still pumping preheated water to the CPU

CPU-->Rad--->Res--->Pump---> = Lower temps than

now: Pump--->Res--->Rad--->CPU---> How? Even with the case panels off it still idles higher than the old system with the sides on!
--1/2" Vinyl tubes
--Via1300-Stealth Mod(QUIET!)
---Home made copper-tube block
---PVC small internal res
V12|V12 is offline   Reply With Quote