View Single Post
Unread 09-07-2002, 07:41 PM   #20
V12|V12
Cooling Savant

Quote:
Originally posted by nexxo
V12|V12: the new drawing you posted with the new circuit is perfect: all in the right place and as simple as possible. Arrange it like that and your rig should be a lot better.

Edit: by the way, you can't have the two PSU fans blowing in opposite directions (= struggling, noisy fans = no airflow = baking PSU). The best setup is the original one: air enters the case at front bottom, through the rad, warms up & rises, leaves the case through the PSU at the top back. Don't obsess about cooling the res.
I don't know WTF I didn't think of that before? That would yield the best flow and still leave room for a little Candy at the top, I'm going to install a blue LED soon...

As for the fans, theres one pulling from the bottom and one pulling that air out on the left side of the pic. The other portion of hot air, is pressurized air that the 80mm can't handle from the 92mm on the bottom, which leads to the extra air flowing out of the PSU inner vents and up against the plexi-bottom of the Res.... I'm going to start on the rerouting tonight... can someone PLZ get me some MS-Paint pics of a potential bleeding route...somewhere near the bottom plz! Thanks all! Happy coolin+g!
--1/2" Vinyl tubes
--Via1300-Stealth Mod(QUIET!)
---Home made copper-tube block
---PVC small internal res
V12|V12 is offline   Reply With Quote