View Single Post
Unread 08-08-2002, 09:27 PM   #20
Homebrew
Cooling Neophyte

Aquacomputer unfortunatly doesn't ship to the states. At least in individual orders. They have stated they will ship bulk orders internationally though. So far no US distributors have been located. However over at [H] there's a post that a brittish distributor for aqua computer products does ship internationally. However, no prices have been finalized yet and there seems as though there is going to be a 3 month wait before the products are widely available. In europe their products are said to be very popular as there is a 5 week wait in germany where the products are made. There have been a few attempts at getting their products in the US but so far nothing has happened. There was a group buy being organized, but that died off i think when dtek announced they were planning to carry their products. However i believe someone said that dtek had problems getting responses from aqua computer so they decided to abort the idea. I don't know this for a fact, but thats what i read in a few posts at [H]. I believe it because i tried dealing with aqua computer myself to become a US distributer and after about 2 weeks of talking with them, i stopped getting responses. I did hear that they were swamped busy with Cbit or something like that. Whether we find a distributor here in the US or import from europe, you can bet that the products will cost a bit more than they do in germany. For example, i would be surprised if you could get the res for under $60 US. This is because of the cost to import the products. Whether it be the cost tfrom importing them yourself from a european distributor, or becauase a US distributor would have to recoop the money they spent on importing the products. Here's a link to the brittish distributor http://www.wizarddesigns.co.uk/ . I'd post a link to the [H] post, but i'm not sure if thats ok or not. Better safe than sorry.

-Kevin
Homebrew is offline   Reply With Quote