View Single Post
Unread 04-07-2006, 04:13 PM   #11
XyBeRWaReZ
Cooling Neophyte

Default Re: How To Revese Fan Flow?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauldenton
hmm - what about modding the motor assembly's fixing to the ally fan body so as to hide it behind the grill??

just what does your radioactive fan grill look like? - the only ones i can remember ottomh are seriously restrictive..... maybe forget the grill and operate the fans in "push" mode with the silver side visible??
Sorry I mean biohazard grill. I've attached and image. It's not really that restrictive at all.
Also if I mod the motor's assembly, it will still be turning the same direction regardless. I think it all has to do with the blades. The fact that they're curved a certain direction and that the motor only turns in one direction makes it pretty hard.
If it were really that easy, I guess a ton of more people would have done it. But see I'm pretty stubborn and I have to figure out some way.
I'm thinking that I will either have to seriously mod this fan to the way I want in order for it to pull air through and have the nice side face up, or I'll just have to settle and just turn the fan over and have it blow air through the heater core so I can have the nice side showing.
The only thing I'm wondering is how much cooling efficiency I will lose because air will be pushed through the heater core and no longer pulled through. Maybe if it were only a degree or two, then I think it's worth it. But if it were to make a difference of anything over 5 degrees, then may I really have to consider modding my fan to the max.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg BIOHAZARD_FANGRILL_STAINLES.jpg (4.8 KB, 76 views)
XyBeRWaReZ is offline   Reply With Quote