View Single Post
Unread 05-02-2003, 03:00 PM   #138
bigben2k
Responsible for 2%
of all the posts here.

Quote:
Originally posted by pHaestus
If you have the width to spare, you can desolder the upright PCBs and bend the headers at 90 degree and then resolder. I have done such before

Might also want to consider mounting one of the psus upside down so you cool two with a single pipe/plate setup.

I would suspect you could "make it go" with a bit of effort
Unfortunately, I've reached the maximum width of the 5 1/4 bays, and making it larger would involve some serious cutting of the case, and I would only gain maybe 2 inches.

I think it'll work very well the way I have it planned out right now. I just need to widen the 5 1/4 bay area a little bit. Once I get the connectors, and put in the backing plate for the back connectors, the PSUs should slide in and out very easily.

I see what you mean about the upside down PSUs, but since I'm aiming to make it all removeable, I'm going to make all the PSUs the same.

I might have to mod the front cover, for the handles to fit.

The next step, once I've got this array up and running, is to figure out how to water cool the whole lot, and how I'm going to have quick disconnects, that hopefully don't spill any. I also have to keep in mind where the tubes are going to come out, in relation to the power connectors.

Other than that, I might order replacement fans for the PSUs:
bigben2k is offline   Reply With Quote