View Single Post
Unread 04-18-2005, 11:21 AM   #104
starbuck3733t
Cooling Savant

Door Mounting
Remember when I broke the base plate for the door a few updates ago? Well, I got the new door and marked out lines on either end to align my straight edge for the flat side of the router to ride against. I'm using a 1/2" carbide tipped slot cutting bit on low speed. First step was to cut the deeper portion of the indent for the knuckle of the hinge to sit in.

Then cut the more shallow, wide porition for the leaf of the hinge to mount in.

Closeup shot of both indents cut. Its a little ugly from the router, but it matters not. Also, don't sweat the fact that the protective paper covering is still there. It'll stay as long as possible.

Mounted with tape, as it's not yet screwed into the hinge.

Bottom hole for relief of the bolt that holds the hinge to the main chassis.

Top hole - and yes, I measured 13.7mm when I meant 12.7mm. Measure twice, drill once, darnit! (doesn't matter, you won't see it behind the smoked plexi front up top)

Front plexi's taped on to check alignment of the optical drive hole (for burner) and slot (for DVD reader)

Oh yeah, slides out with just enough clearence.

Badda bing

Badda boom

It's a...

...Beautiful thing
Goliath: 3.4E@3.91/Abit IC7, Maze4 (temporarily) + custom splitter to crazy 4-way watercooling parallel loop: X800XT @ 520/1280 + AC Twinplex, AC Twinplex Northbridge, Silenstar Dual HDD Cooler, Eheim1250, '85 econoline van HC + 2x120, 1x120 exhaust - polished aluminum frame panaflo L1As, 2x18GB 10K RPM U160 SCSI, 4GB PC4000.

I wanna be BladeRunner when I grow up!

Project Goliath - nearing completion.
starbuck3733t is offline   Reply With Quote