View Single Post
Unread 11-05-2004, 06:57 PM   #12
Cathar
Thermophile

Quote:
Originally Posted by unregistered
in short your entire premise is flawed, the best wbs are made by one individual in limited quantities at almost twice the price of the 2ed best wb which has lower maintenance and pump requirements

does not seem too complicated to me

Given the weakest commonly used pump, the Eheim 1046, we're talking about 2.7LPM vs 3.3LPM. G4 starts off in front at this point and stretches the lead from there.

While I will agree with respect to finely structured blocks demanding clean water on install and efforts to keep it that way, which is as simple as not having the water exposed to the open air, I do not agree to the lower pump requirements comment unless we're talking about some forced low-flow scenarios, such as with 8mm tubing on everything and 3 or 4 blocks in the loop.

Just nit-picking though.

I do agree though that designing and building such high-end waterblocks, whether we're talking about the Storm or MCW blocks, it is rapidly moving further and further out of the reach of the DIY person unless they both have an extremely good understanding of what it is that they are attempting and, for making one-offs, a lot of patience with the machining time and access to not-so-cheap tools.

The days of a DIY'er whipping up a top-end block in the house shed with a drill-press, a dremel, and a couple of other backyard tools is long gone.
Cathar is offline   Reply With Quote