Thread: New daughter
View Single Post
Unread 02-25-2004, 11:37 PM   #81
gdmaddog
Cooling Neophyte

Hey Brian,
Sorry to hear about your wife. I understand what you are going through. I nearly lost my son (11 yr old) in November. Spent 11 days in ICU with him in a strange city over 800 miles from home. It seems like the rest of the world is completely oblivious to your pain when this type of thing happens. Its quite surreal when you see the rest of the world going about its normal business when your world is crashing around you. To me it felt like living the "Matrix" in real life. Like I was the only one awake and everyone else was under its spell. No one can understand this kind of feeling until it happens to them. My son pulled through and is home now, though his condition will soon take his life. He is a trooper and a real computer geek. He plays games on his rig every day. Computers are his only joy anymore. Take care of yourself and your family. We are all here to help. This is a connected community and we can pull all kinds of strings to help those in distress. I hope and pray for you and yours.
gdmaddog is offline   Reply With Quote