View Single Post
Unread 09-19-2003, 03:29 AM   #1
joemac
Cooling Savant

Default What if I left out the running water?

While I was planning my new water-cooling setup an idea came to me. It was one of those ideas that many people would tend to dismiss as a waste of time or just a case of too much free time. What is it that I did? I decided to test my T.E.C block setup to see what would be the lowest temperature reached by the T.E.C plate before the temperature would start to rise again (measured by a compunurse dual) . Using a 50 Watt T.E.C powered at 16 volts 10 amps the lowest temperature reached was 47.9 F on the cold side while the hot side was at 178.1 F. That’s a temperature difference of 130.2 F! I did this several time using the same set up and came up similar results. On one occasion I let the hot side reach (according to compunurse dual) 205.3 F while the cold side was at 71.2 F a difference of 134.1 F. I was going to let it go till the T.E.C fried but the lady of the house freaked. I took one picture (that came out cleared) to show here and wondered has any one done this before? If so what were the results and test condition?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg aquajoe-block-tec-and-no-wa.jpg (21.0 KB, 166 views)
joemac is offline   Reply With Quote