View Single Post
Unread 09-19-2003, 07:57 PM   #6
winewood
Cooling Savant

I really don't think the full impact of what this could mean for normal everyday testers. Joemac knows the heatload and the watts hes putting into it. He also knows how much heat he can dissipate by running a rad and pump. He can easily measure it. Basically, you change any one component in that and you can tweak for the better component. Put the same tec, power and clamping pressure on another block and you have a GOOD block test.
If you guys insist on a heat source how bout one you can clamp directly to the block. Frankly the TEC reminds me more of the new procs coming out with integrated heat spreaders. How much longer can the forum state.. get a hot knife and pry off the heat spreader to place a block on the core for testing?? are all the users going to be taking off the spreaders to run their computers?? no. How will a core cooling only block compare to real life? Thats not what we are going to be seeing. Its it really honest to say, this block performs like this or this on the new cores with the heat spreaders that users in the majority will never take off?
I like the idea of having the heat source on the base. I have never liked the heat sources were the heat has to travel over an inch to reach the block.. hows that accurate? your going to have heat dissapation, it doesnt all enter the core area.