View Single Post
Unread 06-16-2004, 09:29 AM   #42
starbuck3733t
Cooling Savant

Mmmm. blocky.

Cool.

Used the same trick I always use by cutting the tubing to approx. length, and putting it in boiling water. Bends like a wet noodle.

Installed and all is well... almost. Rage3D Tweak (the overclocking util) doesn't play nice with the cat4.1 drivers I'm using. Details Here.

I spoke with Spiv about the 'cover plates' for the back tonite, and cutting them/engraving them isn't a problem. I need to finish the artwork that goes on them, but here's the gist of it (the shapes of the plates). They go over where the powdercoat looks crappy in the back.

Plate for around the power plug

Plate for around the rear 120mm exhaust (it will have designs on it, like the Ars logo!)

CAD done in Qcad.

Requests
What the HELL is the paint code for Toyota's carbon blue metallic. Sherwin-Williams says its 0210 (iirc), toyota's site says 0210, but mnpctech's guy who uses PPG says he's never heard of it

if there are any Germans reading this, could I paypal you a few Euro for a bit of ACFluid from aquacomputer? PLEASE?

The last big ticket items:
The painting
The VFD
The Front bezel cad work

Just got my Qprox ICs this week, need to sit down for a few hours and design a 'sparse mesh' and crap to light them, etc.
Goliath: 3.4E@3.91/Abit IC7, Maze4 (temporarily) + custom splitter to crazy 4-way watercooling parallel loop: X800XT @ 520/1280 + AC Twinplex, AC Twinplex Northbridge, Silenstar Dual HDD Cooler, Eheim1250, '85 econoline van HC + 2x120, 1x120 exhaust - polished aluminum frame panaflo L1As, 2x18GB 10K RPM U160 SCSI, 4GB PC4000.

I wanna be BladeRunner when I grow up!

Project Goliath - nearing completion.
starbuck3733t is offline   Reply With Quote