View Single Post
Unread 12-06-2002, 11:09 PM   #7
Since87
Pro/Guru - Uber Mod

Quote:
Originally posted by bigben2k
In short, a straight (abrupt) change in diameter will cause the pressure to decrease by 80%, from inlet to outlet. With an ASME nozzle, the pressure drop falls within a range of 60 to 80%, so it can be up to 25% less restrictive.
I'm not sure how relevant the numbers for an ASME nozzle are since, in this case, the nozzle would be going from a circular cross-section to a roughly rectangular cross-section.

Quote:
Originally posted by bigben2k
In White Water, I would extend the visible fin tops into a blade shape. I will also be doing this with Radius.
I'd thought of the nose cone idea as well, but I haven't figured out a means to attach them without serious risk of messing up the microchannels, or rather extreme difficulty. In addition I'd guess that, unless the nose cone is soldered on copper, you lose some cooling from the water hitting the top of the fin. Does the improvement in flow counterbalance that loss?

Something like that could be integrated into the barb insert I was proposing, but that's well beyond my fabrication capabilities.
Since87 is offline   Reply With Quote