View Single Post
Unread 12-02-2004, 09:36 AM   #128
BillA
CoolingWorks Tech Guy
Formerly "Unregistered"

you will gain credibility Bruce , if you talk straight
"if this pump is a failure as Bill tries to put it"
you are posting crap, please provide the quote where I described the pump as a "failure"

the topic is reliability, and your outraged vendor antics do not change the product produced by PanWorld
they need to quantify a MTBF value, and have customers with better experience than mine

"I have no idea whatsoever what exact problem Bill is talking about"
if you read you will find answers, my statement: "the failures are perplexing; most are dead while others (~50%) develop an intermittent run/erratic start problem"
this situation has existed from the start and despite MANY discussions remained unresolved
- this was discussed with PanWorld numerous times

$s spent ? Gabe and I calculated our expenses after the pump head business and they were over 5K (many weeks of my and Gabe's time on the phone dealing with unhappy customers, cross-shipping costs, etc.)

"Bill tries to paint a picture as if this pump is not well suited for our application"
you should read with more care and less anger
"well suited" was wrt the larger pumps that some in this thread are considering, specifically the pump head construction wrt NPSH
Bruce - after the pump head was redesigned it was/is eminently suitable for WCing systems
(why do you think I sourced it ?, why do you think I stayed with it through the pump head re-design process ?)

"As shown in this particular thread, it's the best freakin' pump for WCing."
- less the characteristic of reliability
as I said, reliability is not the greatest concern for all (and I cited Danner users as an example)

I do believe the 2 year warranty on this pump was initiated by Swiftech, the mfgrs being 1 year
note we are not talking about the mfgr here, just 2 resellers making the risk analysis as to the contingent liability associated with offering a longer warranty
- this is marketing stuff Bruce, what's the point you wanted to make here ?

the last is you dissing another product, I thought you said "Can anyone remind Bill that ProForums is not SwiftechForums, and pimping or vendors bashing other vendors' products is not allowed."
??

Torin
I do suggest you use Bruce as your source of data in the future, I sense a good match there

Last edited by BillA; 12-02-2004 at 10:07 AM. Reason: spefelng
BillA is offline   Reply With Quote