View Single Post
Unread 12-02-2004, 10:23 AM   #129
dacooltech
Pro/Vendor

Quote:
Man, i think you have ISSUES.
yes I do sometimes

Quote:
The problem, if you can't remember was the bearing problem specifically mentioned by bill a few posts up. The one where swiftech had to send out new pump heads to tons of people? Ring any bells?
"Unregistered: Somewhat different experience than ours with the same Rev.2,
granted we have a much larger number of pumps in service (several thousands)"

We're talking about the rev 2 of the pump, not rev 1. Bearing issue that you're talking about is related to the MCP600 rev.1.

AQX-50Z is rev. 2 , no bearing issues here.

Quote:
3) Sure, your pump may perform better, but what is its MTBF? Reliability has meaning as well. Great, you have a 2 year warranty. The liang pumps have a 5 year MTBF. different people have different concerns. I know that if i was trying to build an image of a reliable provider, i'd want a product that - even at the cost of some performance - had less failures, because reliability is my main goal. Your is performance, and I don't think bill was saying that is "Wrong" - just that it is not the direction swiftech is going.
ofcourse reliability has a great meaning and we don't have any reliability issues with our pumps. FYI manufacturer warrants the pump for 1yr. I mentioned our 2 yrs warranty to highlight our trust in the product. Like I said, if people have any problems or concerns with a product, you read it in the forums.
Let me clarify one thing, D4 is not a poor performer, and it's a good pump. It's just a tad bit noisy to my ears. Regardless of manufacturer's MTBF claim, if I'm not mistaking Swiftech also offers 2 yrs warranty on the D4.