View Single Post
Unread 03-15-2004, 11:37 AM   #7
MadHacker
Cooling Savant

Thanks for the info. Been away from my PC for a couple days.
I am going to try to address everyone's comments in this one reply.

Quote:
Originally Posted by feathers
What is this obsession with sleeving everything. If the sleaving won't fit over the plug then get bigger sleeving!
I can get the sleaving to fit over it but the heat shrink won't.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AntiBling
I read about that earlier... I don't know if other MB like AMD boards need it. I know very little about AMD setups. Had an AMD 100MHz CPU once... ran to hot.. didn't want to overclock... never went back... from what I have read... AMD is a bit better now in those regards.
Quote:
Originally Posted by #Rotor
since you want to cut it off, you obviously have no value for the Warranty anymore, in such a case, why not just open up the PSU, neatly pull that bunch of wire out from the bundle, and wind it up in a nice tight loop. Then just tuck it into a corner inside the psu, out of the way so it does not interfere with airflow.

This way you won't have to regret it later on....
I have no value for the warranty. I have already cut off all the power wires and added Molex connectors so I won't have any extra wires in it I won't need. but still b able to plug back in any of the power connectors if i need them down the road.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyco-Dude
that could be hard to do, as most PSU's dont have much room to spare (sounds like a good idea though).
your right, there isn't that much room to do it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyco-Dude
MH, i just cut mine off. its not hard to re-solder the wires (all black wires are ground, all red wires are 5v, all orange wires are 3.3v). i wouldnt think it matters how they were re-soldered. but if youre worried about it, you could just cut each wire so its a little longer, that way there would be no confusion as to how they originally came. dont forget to insulate the ends of the cut wires.
I eventually came to the same conclusion. I left enough wire there 2" - 3" remaining and wrapped it up in electrical tape to guarantee no shorts.

Thanks for the feedback. really appreciate it