View Single Post
Unread 05-12-2004, 01:20 PM   #154
jlrii
Cooling Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryAlpaca
Why doesn't anyone ever try overvolting the MCP 600? jlrii: The approximate difference between the WW and the Cascade is 1C... Why not just grab the WW? Is that 1C really important enough to make you keep that whiny (and much warmer) HSF?
Hmm.....Ummm...yup ...was time for a rebuild, was running a reeal old block, an Innovatek R3, worked well but there's a lot more mhz in this 2500+. I want to do it up right so I can be happy with it for quite some time and have the option to move on as possibly to a 64 platfom at some time. Just using the ex-wc rig for gaming right now, so i found an acoustic solution. Sound is an Audigy ZS Platinum through an old Sound Craftman preamp and PM1600 amp pushing about 600 wrms into a pair of Polk SDA SRS 2 Speakers. I just crank it up about 1/2 way while playing UT and the fan noise seems to go away. NG for listening to music at low volumes as it sits now tho'... drives me nuts. The WW blocks were supposed to be back in stock the end of this month and I had considered getting one but I will hold off till I see what happens with the P2. Once the new box is done I can use the old block in the interim and will pick up a WW if it doesn't work out. I just missed out on the Cascade, I'll be damned if I miss out on this one.
jlrii is offline   Reply With Quote