View Single Post
Unread 03-18-2005, 07:02 AM   #140
Marci
Cooling Savant

Quote:
I feel somewhat responsible that you had that monstrosity of a shroud made up based upon my recommendations. Had I known that you were going to do so, I would have munched the math sooner to realise what the impact would be with shallower (and hence more compact and user-friendly) shroud sizes.
Heh... don't worry about it fella... thought most of y'all were aware O-CuK (Over-Clock.co.uk / Over-Clock.com) is ThermoChill and viceversa... s'partially my fault for not making that fact known, and in reality it's my own fault for not consulting you directly when I first decided to get a prototype made up... ThermoChill's product line has stagnated lately and summat had to be done so I figured the best approach was to go with what the experts were wanting done...

Quote:
Would also suggest that for ease of mounting, since we're considering this as a serious commercial product, that the shroud be avaible for both side, so users could easily attach the radiatior to a 12cm fan mount point in one of many of the modern cases that now support such.

Not a problem at all... rad will be supplied with one shroud by default, 2x Nickel Plated 3/8" BSP > 1/2" Hose barbs... individual shrouds will be available separately for those that want push > pull. As it stands at the mo, if you look in the pic above you can see the self-tapper that attaches the shroud to the rad. If you look just above that screw head on the sidewall there's the same hole on the opposite face so that shroud can be mounted on either face or 2x shrouds used simultaneously... I've always beleived in giving the customer the final choice on what side of the rad they wanna use if only using the one...

Extrapolated the angles for 25 deg and 45 deg to see what space saving it would give with intention of posting the above and asking for airflow calcs etc to assess suitability...

Will get 30 deg / 40mm shroud made up! Ta d00d!

Last edited by Marci; 03-18-2005 at 07:20 AM.
Marci is offline   Reply With Quote