View Single Post
Unread 09-29-2004, 03:47 PM   #58
joeyek
Cooling Neophyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydee116
Ok, so why wouldn't the tube material be important? Or were you just refering to what is already being used (aluminum/brass/copper). It maybe nit picking but if we want the best you have to use the best no?

One thing wrong with this calculation is it ignores the soldering of the tubes to the fins on brass/copper cores. I would assume the solder joint would act something like the TIM joint on CPU's making the heat transfer less efficent. It would seem to me the Aluminum cores may have a more efficent joint being it is an all aluminum and bonded joint (I think anyway).
What is concerned in my calculation above focus on the heat transfer through the tube to outside, just like the base of a aircool heatsink, yes like u said, the soldering or some other joint technology are absolutely important, but no matter which thchnology u choose the heat transfer through the base is the same, when ignoring the second path for heat loss.
Jaydee, I said that is not important only wanna prove brass is not a loser when acting as the tube in a rad comparing to copper and aluminum, even it has a 1/4 conductive K of copper, that is all. However there is still some space to choose another metal with a lower conductive K according to my calculation, of cource at first make sure all we talk about is the big or huge rad.
joeyek is offline   Reply With Quote