View Single Post
Unread 07-19-2004, 07:08 PM   #157
bigben2k
Responsible for 2%
of all the posts here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Etacovda
Actually, i deliberately goaded Jaydee in one of my first posts, just to break the ice, so to speak His custom title says it all.

I came here a complete newbie, but I've learnt from it;

If it wasnt for Bigben2k then i probably wouldnt have learnt nearly as much as i have, as he answered my newbie questions, to an extent, but not the point that i didnt have to search. ...

When BB2k said something, and I didnt understand it entirely, i went out of my way to find out what he meant without directly asking, as I wanted a bit of respect here as well; Ive seen many forum newbies just ask questions and expect to be spoonfed. Theres nothing more frustrating that telling someone the answer to something, only for them to come back and ask for clarification; All i ask for is a pointer of where to start. IIRC Groth helped me greatly too.

Thanks for the compliment.

I've been dodging this thread, but it keeps popping up, so here I am!

It's not hard to tell when someone is stubbornly wrong, but it's many times harder to set them straight.

An example: "having more water in a loop will keep your computer cooler."

It's easy to say that it's wrong, but credibility alone on the internet doesn't go very far. Post counts don't mean much.

So the correction has to come with an explanation. But...

If ya'll (newbs) are anything like me, you don't take just anyone's word for it, even if it does have an explanation (It helps a lot if the explanation can be understood!). I, for example, have listened to Bill's statements, but rarely have I been able to confirm the information. Information references are really important (albeit not always possible to substantiate basic physics).

ProCooling is special: we know, period. Don't ask how, just take our word for it. If you want an explanation, Google, then ask.

...and no, more water only does one thing: it increases the time it'll take for your computer to reach the max temp it would have reached with less water.
bigben2k is offline   Reply With Quote