View Single Post
Unread 07-26-2004, 05:50 AM   #10
pilsn3r
Cooling Neophyte

I removed the center inlet to be sure that the water got to the bottom of the channels. Due to restriktion the fluid speed will now be uniform over the entire depth over the core. But this is of the cost of impingement.
I doubt that I will be able to construkt at nozzle accurately enough since the opening has to be smaller than the channels. A nozzle also kills flow i guess. Thats why I changed from center inlet with an easy way down the channels to the side-to-side setup.
There will be cutouts or basins in the top. Thats the big area around the in/outlets

How will 2 mm holes prevent stagnant water? My theory with this pattern is that the thin channels will dreate a jet (sideways) into the excentric holes. The jet will then:
1. Bend away from the next channel opening and therefore is destroyed and has to recreate at every hole. In other words, it cant hit the channel on the other side of the hole and just rush past.
2. Create turbulence because it cant expand evenly around its main direction. (This is one of the things that creates the jet to bend.)
Not that laminar flow will occur at any resonable flow anyway...

Then again, maybe this theory is all wrong...
pilsn3r is offline   Reply With Quote