View Single Post
Unread 10-11-2002, 10:43 AM   #83
GeminiCool
Cooling Neophyte

myv65 -

Thanks for the explanation..... I guess this is where I have problems communicating, especially with ppl like BillA.

So you now see and maybe even agree with my original statement? I believe I think in very logical terms. I had not pondered the pressure drop being the same across both reducers, but I will keep that in mind. Basically, I was trying to make the point that if you had a 1,000,000 of something and took away 100,000. The dominating number is still 1,000,000. Yeah yeah, you have to sum it all up, but that's all in the "three sigma" band. I understand now that the 1,000,000 in this example as seen by the reducers is 500k + 500k but as seen by the pump, it's all just 1M.

So I hope you see my point. My logic may be primitive, but it's has served me well so far. I have problems communicating, and many times find myself having to re-explain what I was really trying to say. Oh well, it's a short coming I guess.

I just hate it when I see others making posts directed at forum goers that can be misleading. Some statements are "basically" correct and if you take a step back, you see that the one little piece which is being nit picked is really insignificant. Or was perhaps simply a mis-interpretation.

Thanks,
Peter.
GeminiCool is offline   Reply With Quote