View Single Post
Unread 10-14-2010, 07:43 AM   #1
kzinti1
Cooling Neophyte

Default Radiator Orientation

I'll be vertically mounting a ThermoChill PA120.3 in a new MountainMods CYO/UFO. Six Yate-Loon Medium speed fans and a ThermoChill shroud in push/pull. Swiftech MCP655 in an XSPC dual bay reservoir, Ybris Black Sun cpu block, DangerDen all-copper block on an MSI N480GTX, all 1/2"x3/4" high flow fittings, Feser tubing and, initially, Feser One fluid. I've already bought the fluid. I found out too late to just use UV tubing and then only use distilled water with an algaecide and maybe a silver strip.
I'm wondering if it would be okay to mount the rad with the fittings on top.
The only minor problem I see is draining, which I would do by using a T connector with one side of the fitting having a length of tubing with a stop plug that i could place in a gallon milk jug. Then I'd open the stop plug and turn on the w/c system while pouring fresh distilled water in the reservoir. When the drain jug is full the entire loop will be flushed and then I'll add some algaecide and let it circulate.
Will this work or am I completely missing something? Is it even safe to mount the radiator practically upside-down?
I haven't w/c'd in more than a few years. Ever since I could afford to switch to Intel from AMD. Now that I'm using i7 cpu's I need to start watercooling again. There are no conversions for my Asetek VapoChill system/case. I may have to sell that. Maybe.
TIA
k1
kzinti1 is offline   Reply With Quote