View Single Post
Unread 10-20-2003, 01:51 AM   #11
sevisehda
Cooling Savant

After a little accident(computer rolling off desk) I did some reworking of the airflow through my case. Originally I had 3 fans, 2 of the 92mm Deltas sucking air through my rad and then 1 120mm exausting air out through the PS. After some brainstorming in another thread I got the idea to have no intake and move the 2 92mm Deltas to the normal rear exaust fan ports. The idea being since my case is sealed the only place for air to come in is through the rad. Well it worked except the 120mm on the PS wasn't moving any air because it provided crap for pressure and the 92mm were overpowering it. So I made a small 120mm>92mm fan adapter and mounted another 92mm Delta to it.

So I now have 3 of the uber-fans sucking air out of my case. At 12v and 55db a piece its quite loud, luckily they still move enough air at 5v. The only problem with this arrangment is to get any cooling the sides have to be on the case, so clearing the CMOS is going to be a pain from now on. Once the last coat of tar drys I'll fire it up and post the results.
HD's: 2x 160gb SATA RAID
GPU: Sapphire X800Pro VIVO -> XT Plat(softmod) 520/590
sevisehda is offline   Reply With Quote