View Single Post
Unread 05-12-2003, 07:11 PM   #18
CoolROD
Cooling Savant

The equipment and lamps that I have looked into are UV-C. BTW most are fluorescents and the mention of quartz is just describing a tube that forms the ID of the Res. -A Fluor. bulb is inside that.

I am not really concerned with the heat, though it is a real addition to the total btu load of my system. You were totally correct to mention it and this extra heat could easily have been overlooked.

I am not after superlow temps. I have a peltier w/ controller and the operating temp of my cpu is programmable. I also enjoy overkill -so the overdesign of my system just makes my smile

I want my system to have as much "up time" as possible. Besides my system is portable and I really don't want to get somewhere and have to perform maintenance. I want my system to run 2 yrs. without maintenance. I have not found a water concoction that most users can agree upon. So, giving you Pros credit, I have to conclude that one might not exist. I am merely looking for alternatives. I do know that many of you have been up more than two years. But, every little bit helps, right?

This is all just fun for me and I also enjoy making some things overly complex and mabye a little "sexier" -in my eyes.