View Single Post
Unread 10-07-2011, 05:27 AM   #116
sicko666
Cooling Neophyte

Default Re: Guardian OS units

Quote:
We are running the 2 first snap for the last 6 six years and until server 2008 R2, we never got a problem with them. Espacialy if I compare with IBM, we are running. There are realy low cost of maintenance (compare wwith the IBM)

Sorry for my bad english
Thats the problem though ( for me anyway ), i purchased windows server 2003 second hand for "non commercial use" so it was a one off payment.It seems Snap demands a yearly payment! The other two servers i have are pc windows based and they work and run just fine, but they are sca scsi based so their capacity is so small they dont even get used these days. I did hope the Sata array ( £150 ) and then the ( £500+ ) 18000 server to use the array would answer my data storage problems......Little did i know there would be a EXTRA YEARLY fee on top, which i cant afford to pay, and i couldnt even if i had the money too as 18000 is not even supported anymore! Its not like i can even sell the things on as most people havent even heard of a Snap system ( i hadnt! )... What i wasted on these i could have used for a couple of sata nas boxes at least they would work.

Ps as for not speaking english, well i understood you perfectly, and i thank you for replying because its been over a year of me having this "junk" sitting in my bedroom and you have been the first person to reply to ANY of my desperate cries for help all over the net! Thank you kearmith

PPS do you have any experience dealing with a 18000 server?
I only ask because it turns on, boots DOS (or what ever it boots) and then just displays a screen saying that the keyboard can not access the system directly.I cleared the IP settings and any passwords via the motherboard ,and tried remote access using my windows pc's using a snap app and it discovers and displays all the information about the Snap but i still cant access the system remotely. I do not know why, or even how to fix it...I have never been blocked from accessing a pc system directly before as with windows you could always bypass a screwed up OS by using Dos but with Snap....

Lol it just sits there mocking me......

Systems that work:
Pc server 2003 Unknown make.
Pc server 2003 Compaq.
2 x 14 drive bay sca scsi arrays.
4 UPS systems, 2 with additional battery backups.
5 workstation windows pcs ( 4 very very old ) ( newest one 5years old! ).
That lot works, its the snap & snap array which i have problem with!!!!!

Last edited by sicko666; 10-07-2011 at 05:55 AM.
sicko666 is offline   Reply With Quote