View Single Post
Unread 06-24-2002, 01:44 PM   #12
Bignuts
Cooling Savant

Default Responses to other UV Q's

GenGoku:

"do you mean blue UV reactant dye?"

-Yes, I did actually mean the blue UV dye,

It would be better to add any dye to the coolant, before you put it in your system, but you can add it in your res, just be warned that it will take forever to get mixed in. I had some higher concentration UV mix sit in my fill tube for a WEEK and it still didn't get totally mixed in. It really depends on how the coolant flows in your system, my fill tube is located right before the pump intake, and it only seems to get even a hint of mixing when I first start the pump.

I got around this problem by turning the pump on, and then squeezing one of my tubes to shut off the flow. This caused coolant to be forced up the fill tube and mix with the recently added suff. I did have to squeeze multiple tubes in my system, multiple times until I was sure that the whole shebang was the same color (I also had the UV light on to help aid me in this).

"but wanted an arctic chilled look; green might mess it up?"

-Yes, eventually the blue will turn green,

The more green you add to the blue, the more the the blue turns green. But at first, the blue seems to get brighter and loose some of the "blueness" it has( more of a blue-white), then you can start seeing the green tint start to appear, whereas after that, any more green added will just make the mix look more and more like you never had any blue to begin with. The whole process is a little different than say, pissing into a toilet filed with blue bowl cleaner. It just doesn't seem to mix in a linear fashion at first, probably because we are dealing with UV dye.

WireX:

"where did you find Sa1nts rig? ...I would liek to see whatelse he has done with it."

-I met Sa1nt at a MidWestFrag LAN party last year,

I have no way to contact him. He did pop his head up in pro/chat every once in a while, but I have not heard hide nor hair from him in a while, probably months. Maybe someone else knows where he is? I think he was out of the West, or SW of Illinois.

Icehart:

-Thanks for the pics!

bigben2k:

-Ice's pics show what happens when you add too much dye,

The concentrated form of the dye actually looks dark orange, and in this state the concentrate doesnt glow under UV!

In his second pic, Ice has added too much dye, and the mix is getting darker and loosing its ability to glow under UV. The "oily" look you see is the early manifistaion of this, as Ice's pics were taken with a UV light nearby to show the effect (or lack thereof).

Below are some of my experiments in UV stuff,

Clear blue Dye, then clear blue with green:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg clearblueandgreena.jpg (22.0 KB, 192 views)
Bignuts is offline   Reply With Quote