View Single Post
Unread 11-06-2004, 10:00 PM   #56
Blackeagle
Thermophile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathar

Estimating a ~0.02 C/W with tolerable fan noise levels is not selling a 25 x 25cm radiator short at all, unless you desire to wear ear-plugs while computing. I would estimate that accounting for the radiator's inefficiencies you would need to be pushing at least around 150CFM through a quad fan radiator to achieve the 0.015 C/W figures I atrributed to it with strong fans. I assure you that achieving 150CFM through even such a large radiator with tolerable noise levels is not as easy as it may seem. Can always achieve quite fantastic radiator performance so long as noise is not part of the equation.
Yes it does depend a lot on fan selection. 2 or perhaps 3 X Delta 120mm X 38mm 1212HE fans at 130cfm do however offer a lot more air flow/pressure than lower noise 25mm thick fans. Also more nosie, but then that is what my reobus is for. And even with them dialed down to 80cfm each @ approx 35dba, I expect they offer better pressure than a 25mm fan can.

I'll have th core soon, I figure it's the best one to use with the Storm + Fusio + MD20.

Also note, I'll use a rad/pump/fan case which is 1" thick walled wood + 1" sound foam throughout & is some areas 2" sound foam. So it's ending noise levels isn't bad unless I turn up the fans.
Blackeagle is offline   Reply With Quote