View Single Post
Unread 02-24-2004, 12:50 PM   #9
|kbn|
Cooling Savant

my loop didnt have that much restriction? the heatercore didnt look very restrictive, and i got a good flow rate when I tested it on its own. the nb waterblock i have is semi-restrictive, as the water goes in, hits a wall, round, then out again (atlantis nb block btw) and my gpu block was the least restrictive possible - just a 90 degree bend basicly... The cause of lots of restriction might have been that used 5 or 6 90 degree bends to make it easyer to connect together.. i was using an eheim 1250 pump which i assumed would be ok with that much, as at the time people recommended i used the lower flow 1048 pump :o
When i get round to testing it I will try to measure the flow rate with the same loop as before. what do you estimate your flow rate to be through the atlantis cpu?

Small update to cpu block progress - my dad took the lump of copper form the dragon orb 3 to work today and got it cut down, the pins are about 8.5mm and then the base thickness is 10mm, which is more than I wanted but less wasnt possible. The finnish is very shiny and smooth though, so I took a pic of it
Im not sure if this will definatly become a cpu block though, but i need a new cpu block, most, though I could use this for nb, but i think a few changes to the atlantis nb will be good enough

Edit - added pic of my nb block. id like to change the base a bit to make it perform better aswell as removing some of the flow restrictions caused by it. any ideas?
Also ideas for the silver base as to how i could make that better would be very much welcomed
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DO3finnish.jpg (41.5 KB, 48 views)
File Type: jpg atlantis nb.jpg (42.1 KB, 67 views)

Last edited by |kbn|; 02-24-2004 at 01:51 PM.
|kbn| is offline   Reply With Quote