View Single Post
Unread 07-24-2004, 05:54 AM   #2
Etacovda
Cooling Savant

Looks extremely restrictive, and also very time intensive. With a 3 mm base, you likely wont need any extra cooling in an area greater than a 30mm square around the core area, possibly even smaller... Just look at moving to 10mm diameter bits greater than that, and design an easy path for the water to move out of thats not restrictive. I recommend a row of 3 10mm drill holes, connecting finally to a 12.5 or 15, if you have the bits; depending on how you are planning to barb or pipe the outlets.

Go about 4mm between the drill holes; it appears you have them at 3mm? and centre punch each one; believe me, when you're drilling that many holes, you dont want them to be that close to each other; you'll probably have the bits slipping into the adjacent holes and its not very fixable if youve punched the holes already.

For depth, use feeler guages lined up to the base of the x-y table; makes it easy as hell. I use a car scissor jack (dont laugh, it works well!) underneath the drillpress table and leave the table unclamped, raise it higher than you need then use the scissor jack to drop hieght; really nice way of having extremely small increments for depth checking; you can be accurate to less than 0.1mm for the depth, which is really handy; clamp up the drillpress table once you've got the depth you want.

Any other q's, just ask and ill help if i can
Etacovda is offline   Reply With Quote