View Single Post
Unread 04-18-2008, 09:51 AM   #1
RedPhoenix
Cooling Savant

Default Deciding to dump the idea of WC'ing the VGA... Opinions

Right now my loop is as followed.

MCP655 12v > BlackIce GT240 > Swiftech Storm > Swiftech MCW60 > Swiftech Mini Res > Repeat

2 AOC Alu fans for the rad, but those are going to be replaced with 120x38 Panaflows (silent) real soon. 2 80mm front fans, 1 80 rear. CoolerMaster Wave (as you know where is minimal ventilation in the front.

At the moment I am cooling a Pentium D 2.66ghz and a X1800XT with that, but in a few weeks, the Q6700 and a Sapphire 3870 are going in.

At the moment I am trying to lower my overall temperatures, where my cpu is idling about 40c / load (FaH) @ 56c and the gpu is idling at 60c+ and over 70c load.

Now one thing I am assuming is the 24/7 FaH is making the water temp really high so the GPU is heating up more.

Now that you know my story, the question is... should I drop the Swiftech MCW60 and go to air cooling for the GPU? Leave the watercooling for the CPU only? Not only would this allow better flow, but the temps should drop because of the VGA not being cooled... The VGA should drop 10c+ because the water wont be heating it up.

Opinions? I came to you guys first because this is where I learned ALL my watercooling knowledge when I first joined!

www.mysoarer.com

Last edited by RedPhoenix; 04-18-2008 at 09:57 AM.
RedPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote