View Single Post
Unread 06-10-2004, 11:04 AM   #66
RoboTech
Cooling Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by pHaestus
Why do you show total Watts going in rather than watts going into the wb then? If you've done the correction then why not do it in the graph?
Because I used data directly from testing and didn't adj for heat loss - as you point out, it could easily be done though...

Quote:
A die sim is a good move, and low temperatures please mfgrs (see Bob Dyl). It'll make it problematic to do comparative wb testing though; I'd guess numbers about half as high with top end wb? Getting into "in socket thermistor" temp rise territory.
What low temperatures? (do you mean low C/W values) IMO the size of the die is pretty much irrelevant - having a larger copper surface that is not as succeptable to physical damage over time was more important to me than staying with "traditional" (Athlon XP) core size from years past. And what does B.D. have to do with anything???

bobkoure,

I don't think a big passive reservoir would help much in a standard water-cooling system. In most performance systems the ave water temp is only a few deg over ambient air (hopefully) so there is little dT driver to support passive cooling. The Reserator operates at a much higher ave water temp (8~12 C) which creates a more favorable dT but also causes the CPU to run hotter.
RoboTech is offline   Reply With Quote